Friday, December 1, 2006

Love


1 John 3:11-20

What is love?

The Apostle John says that love is selflessness! Listen to his example: vs 16 "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us."

Now I love a good football game or a good movie but what I truly love I will be willing to give up those things for.
Would you be willing to give up watching a game for just spending time with your spouse? Would you be willing to give a tithe to your church?
Love is unselfishness. John goes on to say: vs 16b "We ought to lay down our lives for our brothers."
So, what is love again?
Have a blessed day,

Paul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Dad! I look forward to reading more and getting to know you even better through your blog. Mike

Anonymous said...

Paul - thank you for including me in this - I too look forward to reading more of it. Much love,
Tom