Tuesday, April 3, 2007

He Knows Your Name!


John 10:3
3 "The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out." NIV

They look pretty much the same to me but the shepherd knows them all by name. I, unfortunately, have trouble with remembering names so I write them out on note paper to remember them. I am so thankful that Jesus easily remembers our names and I found out why.
In Isaiah 49:16 "See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands." (NLT) Wow! To think that we are being thought of by the Lord all the time. My name is on his hand.
This then would also mean that He cares about matters to us. He knows when we are sick or under stress or burdened. The Bible is very specific about how much He cares for us. John also writes, 1 John 3:1 "We really are his children" (NCV) It is almost as though John thought some of us would think "Not me", maybe Billy Graham or Mother Teresa but surely not me. So he made a special emphasis here to make sure we would not miss the message.
You are important to Jesus. Remember that and thank him for it.

No comments: